The reconstruction of the complete view of a virtual environment has been paid substantial attention by the researchers. It has long been recognized that the large-scale object reconstruction is an important enabling technology for realistic, large-scale visualization of the world. The goal of this research is synthesizing the whole views of an object from the sampled viewpoint images of a scene. Especially, a full view image of the large- scale object is reconstructed. The whole view of a large-scale object is impossible to take the whole scene at once without using sufficient distance between camera and object.
Figure 1. Some images of a large-scale object
Figure 2. Synthesized whole view of a Large Scale Object
The system of the whole view synthesizing is developed base on the image registration approach. Image registration technique is very useful for computing the transformation and constructing a panoramic image from the sampled images of a scene. The multiple images are grabbed by a camera system from different camera viewpoints. Feature extraction algorithm is developed for extracting the feature points from each image. Histogram equalization and lighting adjusting are performed to improve the accuracy of feature extraction. The corresponding feature point pairs among the successive image pairs are determined from the relation of the camera positions. The perspective projected geometry method is applied for detecting the relation between the camera and image coordinate system from the image pairs. In this approach, it is possible to produce a lot of intermediate views by using a few cameras. Then it will be provided to reduce the cost and number of camera in security system by using the synthesizing the arbitrary view of images.
- Myint Myint Sein and Thin Lai Lai Thein: Synthesizing the Whole View of a Large-Scale Object, International Journal of Informatics and Communication Technology (IJ-ICT), Vol. 1, No. 1, July 2012, pp.20~25.[pdf]
- Myint Myint Sein et.al, Synthesizing the Arbitrary Views of a Large Scale Object Using a Hand-Held Camera, Proceeding of IEEE International Display Workshop (IDW 2003), Fukuoka, Japan, Dec., 2003.[pdf]
- Myint Myint Sein et.al, Reconstruction the Arbitrary View of an Object Using the Multiple Camera System, IEEE International Symposium on Micromechatronic and Human Science(MHS 2003), Nagoya, Japan,pp.83-88, Oct. 19-22, 2003.
- Thin Lai Lai Thein and Myint Myint Sein, Synthesizing the Full View of the Large Scale Object in a scene, International Journal of Telkomnika, Vol. 10, No. 5, Sept. 2012.(In press)
- Thin Lai Lai Thein and Myint Myint Sein, An efficient Method for Synthesizing the Full View of the Large Scale Object on Successive Multiple Images, Proceeding of ASEAN Conference on Remote Sensing (ACRS 2008), Colombo, Sri Lanka.[pdf]
- Thin Lai Lai Thein and Myint Myint Sein, An efficient Method for Reconstruction the Entire view of the Multiple Objects by Pair-wise Registration Technique, Proceeding of SICE-ICASE International Joint Conference 2006, Oct. 18-21, 2006 in Bexco, Busan, Korea.[pdf]